Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas and now...

During the Christmas season, one of my good mates down here invited me to his parents house for Christmas down in Huskisson, south of Sydney. That week, we had a really sweet barefoot bowls session, saw many beaches, kicked back on the porch and had many beers, went to the blue mountains, played aqua golf, played Cricket, played football(American), ate snaggs, ate ice cream, and went surfing. Words could not describe how blessed it was for me to be apart of the Windred family this Christmas. They took me in, treated me as their own, and supported me on my walk with the Lord. This Christmas, even though I was away from my family back home, was the best Christmas ever. I'm a poor Bible School student, yet the Lord decided to provide only in a way that he knows how to provide.

After the break was over, it was really easy getting back into the school, and all that comes with it. This last week though has just been stupidly hard on my soul. Not the work, nor is it anything in the work that is causing me such distress. I'm doing my work, and doing it well, getting high A's and having lots of time to just chill. What is causing my distress is a mixture of questions, passions, realizations and just a feeling of escape. Right now, the thing I want to do most is just take a flight to a place I have not been before, preach the word until I die, whether it be 60 years from now, or one day from now. Its not going to happen. The Harvest is ready, yet the workers are so few. This storm will pass, and I'll take joy once again, it'll just be in a little time. that's all. Just need to have patience I guess.

No comments: